Using video in social media — tips for your tree care business
Are you looking for a way to spread the word about your tree care business? Well if you’re looking for inspiration, look no further than Grunder Landscaping Co., owned and operated by Marty Grunder. This social media savvy Vermeer customer is located in Miamisburg, Ohio, and he’s not afraid to use a few tactics worth trying, including videos, blogs and more.
Meet Marty Grunder
Marty is not only the president and CEO of Grunder Landscaping Co., a successful Midwest landscaping company, he’s also the president of Marty Grunder! Inc., a premier consulting firm providing training, business guidance and speaking services throughout the United States and Canada. Since 1995, Marty has been inspiring those who want to grow with his practical advice, creative ideas and infectious enthusiasm.
Using video in social media
The first question any marketing pro will ask is — are you using social media? Using social media is a cost-effective way to grow your business, generate leads and build your brand awareness. But it takes more than just setting up a Facebook account in order to see real results. With the right mix of tools, social media can take your business to new heights to help you rise above the competition.
Check out this CTX100 video featuring Marty and Austin Bonnema, Vermeer Corporation commercial business manager. In just a few minutes, Marty created this simple and informative walk-through video to showcase the equipment’s benefits and features. Creating content like this is a great resource to communicate a lot of information to the everyday consumer. With these quick tips, you can create something similar for your audience, too!
Social Media Tips for Your Business
Quick tips to make a video
- Plan ahead. There is no need to overthink it, but it’s always best to take a few minutes to create a short outline of the topics you’d like to cover before you film. This will help you hit all the areas that you want to highlight for a better quality video.
- Practice safety. Whether you’re out on a jobsite filming your equipment in action or in a dealership showroom, be sure to exercise caution while filming. Make sure the equipment is set up properly and that everyone in the shot is wearing personal protection equipment according to the equipment manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Use what you have. Don’t worry about buying fancy camera equipment; an iPhone or Android is just fine. As long as the picture quality is clear and relatively steady, and the volume of your voice is audible, viewers will appreciate the content for what it is.
- Provide contact information. Include your company name and any other pertinent information at the start or end of the video, as well as within the post copy. If you’re lucky enough to gain some social media traffic with a few likes or shares, you’ll want people to know how to contact you for a service quote or more pricing information.
- Monitor video comments closely. Social media is not a “set-and-forget” project. Once something is posted, it’s best to monitor your accounts closely as customers might post questions or comments.
Social media is a valuable tool for any tree care business, but it’s important to keep in mind, just as growing and caring for a tree takes planning, organization and good decision-making, so too does maintaining an effective social media presence.
For more tips and trends for your tree care business, view more articles on TreeViews.com.
Vermeer, the Vermeer logo and Equipped to Do More are trademarks of Vermeer Manufacturing Company in the U.S. and/or other countries. © 2017 Vermeer Corporation. All Rights Reserved.